Rendcombe College’s mission is to develop thoughtful, adventurous and academically ambitious young people who are life-long learners. They aim to prepare the pupils with the character and skills to succeed in the ever-changing world after school and their onward journey in life. The pupils have the freedom to experience, explore and enquire about the world around them.
Rendcombe College encourages independence and tolerance within ‘The Rendcomb Family’. 230 acres of stunning Cotswold countryside; a safe and idyllic location. ‘Rendcomb Family’; a supportive, caring and nurturing environment.
- A Level 2016; triple A average.
- GCSE 2016; half of grades A or A*.
- 95% of pupils secured their chosen University.
- Leavers destination 2016 include; Oxford, Bath, Exeter, Imperial College London, King’s College London and Liverpool.
- Top independent school in the county for Value Added and 4th in the UK.
- 70% of our students are from the UK ensuring we offer a true British Boarding School Experience.
- 16 different nationalities study at Rendcomb College; a rich and diverse community.
- Cultural Enrichment; we embrace and celebrate the different nationalities we have within the ‘Rendcomb Family’.
- Tutoring System.
- Buddy System.
- Science Laboratories that reach the gold standard of teaching.
- 3.3 million pound Performing Arts Centre now open: 350 seater auditorium, dance studio and Drama classroom.
- New boarding house scheduled for September 2018.
- New Sixth Form and Medical Centre scheduled for January 2019.
- 90 minutes from London Heathrow with airport transfers available.
Boarding at Rendcomb College
SENIOR SCHOOL BOARDING
Senior Houses at Rendcomb College are located on the school’s campus and within easy reach of classrooms and sports facilities. Each house caters for a specific age group.
Each House has their own character and style and offer an ideal setting for all pupils to thrive and develop under the guidance of their dedicated Houseparents and their pastoral and domestic teams.
From Year 10 upwards, all Boarders have their own modern, comfortable study bedrooms which can be personalised, whilst the younger pupils share dormitories with two or three other students.
Boarders’ weekends are full, busy and purposeful through the provision of an extensive programme of activities run by the Houseparents, with activities throughout the week designed specifically for the House.
SIXTH FORM BOARDING
Entry into the Sixth Form represents an important and challenging watershed in a student’s education. Central to this experience at Rendcomb is the Sixth Form House, Park.
Park House is a co-educational, purpose-built self-contained block and when not in lessons or tutorial groups, students spend time studying or relaxing in Park House. Park has a great friendly atmosphere and this helps our students get the balance right. They not only achieve strong academic results but also enjoy the Rendcomb Sixth Form experience.
Starting a new school or moving boarding house is always an exciting time, with new possibilities for the students being identified.