Founded in the charism of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, Marymount International School London is a private Catholic Day and Boarding school for girls, welcoming all faiths and backgrounds. An IB World School, they educate students to be responsible, compassionate and caring members of their community. Enabling them to think creatively, reason critically, communicate effectively and learn continuously in an environment enriched by cultural and religious diversity.
Marymount International School offers a strong academic programme based on the International Baccalaureate curricula to meet the needs of its international student body, thus providing a unique environment of cultural exchange and understanding. The School is dedicated to promoting and developing the dignity and integrity of each person in an atmosphere of justice, love and respect in which students, faculty, staff, parents and governors cooperate towards attaining objectives.
The faculty and staff are committed to the following:
- To encourage each student to understand, live and bear witness to her faith and to deepen her love of and relationship with God.
- To help students to love each other, respect each other’s beliefs, develop qualities of forgiveness and a joyful sharing of life.
- To develop in each student a sense of personal integrity, inner reflection, and responsibility for her own actions.
- To cultivate in each student an informed awareness and appreciation of all God’s creation.
- To stimulate students to think independently, critically and without prejudice.
- To instil a lifelong love of learning and inculcate in students the qualities of scholarship, character, service and leadership.
- To encourage in students a social consciousness and global awareness which elicit a sensitive and active response to justice and human need in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- To focus on the cultural and international diversity within the School as a forum for understanding and cooperation.
Boarding at Marymount International School
Many girls choose Marymount because they are looking for a boarding school where they can live in a vibrant community with girls from over the world, discover new experiences, and manage the demands of a rigorous academic program in a community that provides structure, motivation, and support. But that’s not all!
As a small, inclusive school community, the School prides themselves on giving each girl a place where she can feel at home. Happily, the lines between day and boarding students are nearly invisible as all the girls share a full academic day, enriching activities, and an opportunity to grow in their understanding of themselves and others in the richness of greater London.